Thursday, March 02, 2006

 
Mother telephoned earlier today, and so I have a little bit of news from the homeland (which, to be truthful, is only two hours drive away). 1. She took my little sister to the mayor's charity concert thing at HMSG, and I was asked after by a member of staff. It also seems that between the two schools, there are rather a lot of medical students from my year. A bumper crop of docters perhaps? Although some may not have the bedside charisma or empathy that I would feel is needed *cough*RLN*cough*. 2. Someone from the shoot my father attends has bagged a deer for us, so that's hanging in the cold-room ready for some lovely stews to be made out of it, as well as the odd joint - delicious! 3. My complete Father Brown book arrived, and while cooking up Dahl last night I had a good chance to start on it. Top stories - GK Chesterton knew his stuff. I also picked up a good number of books after the service on Sunday, as the chapel is raising money for flowers by the chaplain and others selling books. I picked up a good few (8 or so), as well as a nice little icon. Delightful
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?